Monday, May 12, 2014

What a Dystopian World!

What a wonderful weekend! I hope everyone got a start on their garden. I bought some grass seed. I hope to be finished getting everything ready for my garden by next weekend, May 24th! Then I can relax and read my books.
I am currently reading Young Adult Novels at the moment. It all started with the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It reminded me of Lord of the Flies by William Golding and the Giver by Lois Lowry which I read in high school and loved!

I found this great flow chart that lists all the current dystopian novels on the Lawrence Public Library site.    http://www.lawrence.lib.ks.us/2012/07/if-you-liked-the-hunger-games-3/

Please comment on the Laurence Public Library site about this fantastic chart!
All the books listed in the chart are available at the Lincoln Public Library.



 
 






Hollywood has re-discovered the popularity of the Dystopian theme.  Here is a list of books from the flow chart that are made into a movie or are going to be movie or have movie options or a television series:

  • Maze Runner
  • Legend
  • Divergent
  • Uglies
  • The Scorpio Races
  • Graceling
  • Cinder
  • The Masque of the Red Death
  • Unwind
  • Delirium
  • Wither
  • Incarceron
  • Matched
  • The Selection
  • Blood Red Road
  • Under the Sky
  • Shatter Me
  • The Adoration of Jenna Fox
  • The House of the Scorpion
  • Ender's Game
  • 1984
  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • Fahrenheit 451
  • Neuromancer
  • Brave New World
Happy Dystopian reading & watching?  If you know of any other dystopian novels or movies that you would like to share please feel free to write a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment