Advocating for Yourself with Your Doctor
Talking to your doctor to make sure that you get the care you need can be difficult when so many health care professionals are rushed, and can't always take time to listen. Learn the essential skills to make the most of your doctor's appointment with Lorraine Hulley of Niagara Health Partners, the region's first and only professional health advocates.
Tuesday October 21 @ 10:30 am
Moses F. Rittenhouse Library
Free Hearing Health Check
with Connect Hearing, Grimsby
Each 15-minute complimentary hearing health check involves finding out about hearing situations that cause difficulties, listening to a series of beeps requiring responses to different levels of volume, and a recommendation from a Hearing Instrument Specialist for further follow up.
Wednesday October 22 @ 10 am to noon
Fleming Library, Study Room
Wednesday October 22 @ 1 to 3 pm
Moses F. Rittenhouse Meeting Room
Please check out our Library Displays on Staying Healthy.
Here are some titles that are on Display.
- You : the owner's manual : an insider's guide to the body that will make you healthier and younger by Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz ; with Lisa Oz and Ted Spiker ; illustrations by Gary Hallgren
- Dr. Joe's health lab : 164 amazing insights into the science of medicine, nutrition and well-being / Joe Schwarcz.
- The Wellness book : the comprehensive guide to maintaining health and treating stress-related illness / Herbert Benson, Eileen M. Stuart and associates at the Mind/Body Medical Institute of the New England Deaconess Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- The Complete Canadian Health Guide by June Engel
- Cure: Stories of Healing Mind and Body Edited by Kirsten Couse
Come to the library and take out a book today on being healthy and sign up for one of our workshops.